Eggcellent Easy, Quick, Healthy & Yummy Dog Treat Recipe
Sure, we'd love it if you ordered dog treats from us. It's how we pay our vet bills after all, and we do have some great dog treats. But many times you can use fresh treats like cubes of meat or cheese or even Cheerios or pieces of carrot to reward your dog. This saves money and resources and is healthy for dogs. The following recipe for egg dog treats are one of my favorite homemade dog treats because they are so simple to make and work very well for training. They are soft and breakable without being messy and they are grain and carbohydrate free! Perfect for dogs and puppies with sensitive stomachs or allergies.
Here's how to make the egg treats for dogs. Let us know what you think. And if you like it, feel free to share this link with
your friends! (Pictured are the Egg Treats with a couple of tablespoons of beef broth).
- Spray a microwave safe dinner plate with cooking oil.
- Crack two eggs in it and beat them. Optional: Add a tablespoon or two of grated cheese or meat broth. If you would like lower fat or treats that are even easier on the tummy you can use egg whites only.
- Cook uncovered in your microwave for 2 minutes and then allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat microwaving for 1 minute and cooling for a couple of minutes until they are the texture you like (dry enough to put in your treat pouch).
- Cool, cut up and give to your dog for good behavior! Store in the refrigerator or freezer between training sessions.
- (Hint) Soak the plate or it will be difficult to clean.